With more than ten years of experience, CDI has advised more than 100 REDD+, afforestation, reforestation, conservation and improved land management projects in Latin America and, occasionally, also in Africa, Asia, North America and Europe. We have worked with a variety of national and international actors, including private companies, NGOs, development banks, development agencies, think tanks, research institutes, environmental funds, charities and governments.
The CDI experience and service offering includes:
- Feasibility evaluations of forest carbon projects (AR and REDD+).
- Design of forest projects and programs (AR and REDD+) for their validation under internationally recognized standards, including the Clean Development Mechanism (CDM), the Verified Carbon Standard (VCS) and the Climate, Community and Biodiversity Standards (CCB).
- Analysis of changes in land use and modeling of changes in land use for the construction of baselines and reference levels of REDD+ forest emissions.
- Development of mobile GIS applications for precision forestry, including the development of custom UAVs.
- Detailed land cover mapping and surface topography modeling using data collected by unmanned aerial vehicles (drones).
- Forest and carbon inventories.
- Independent control and assurance of the quality of forest and carbon inventory measurements.
- Biodiversity inventories.
- Design and administration of afforestation and reforestation projects, including wood processing industries.
- Design and management of beekeeping projects.
- Diversification and marketing of bee products.
- Advice and training of beekeepers throughout Colombia.